#304 The Orchid Echo


One of the first "real" works that I did and was extremely proud of was a piece called Orchid and Asian Pears. It was 12x24 (if I remember correctly) and was a pastel on sanded paper. A really nice piece that won an award in the Pastel Journals Pastel 100 competition almost a decade back. As much as I loved that piece and painting that orchid, I can think of only one other orchid painting that I have done since. So here's a much smaller and simpler one, but nonetheless one for you "Orchid and Asian Pear" wherever you are. 


Comments

  1. Is that flames I see at the bottom? cool..you think out od the flower box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No flames just the panel showing through . . . I usually tone them with Golden's Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, or Warm Grey #2.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts