"My Favorite Fleece" May Issue of The Artist's Magazine


This was a demo that I did for the 'test drive' article that is featured in the May issue of The Artist's Magazine. The piece was painted with 5 tubes of Jack Richeson's Shiva paint for reasons that you can find in the article here. Suffice to say it was a challenge but a wonderful learning experience for me on how to make the most out a very limited palette. The article contains step by step shots of this paintings creation as well as some technical ins and outs for you painters out there. I've painted myself dozens of times and I guess from one perspective you could say I must be a bit hung up on myself, but it's more of this is the cheapest model I could find and I don't need to look at him any more than necessary:) Which is why this painting is up for sale. Have a look at the article either in print or on The Artists Network website, and please let me know if my writing was close to understandable!

Click the image to buy this painting. 

Comments

Popular Posts