DAILY DIAPER #227 "Fantin Latour" **SOLD**


This is a piece that I have done for another DPW challenge, the "Picasso It" challenege. Basically painting in the style of a painter I admire. This particular piece was done in the 'style' of Henri Fantin Latour. Although not one of the painters that I would put in my top five . . . I frequently saw his work throughout my apprenticeship at The Atelier and many of the fine folks that came and went through this school gravitated towards his floral work and painterly style. I admit, up front, I do not have the dexterity of brushwork that he had, but come on the guy probably had been painting night and day for 30 years! Anyway I had this group of flowers and saw the challenge and decided "What the heck" the fates and my instructors exposed me to his work for some reason. . . buying diaper is as good of a one as any.

Comments

  1. Well I like it, whether your usual style or not, a lot of movement and I really like the background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts